Sunday, June 12, 2011

Raspberry lemonade

I've been MIA for almost four months. I haven't been cooking as much as I would like to, and forget to take photos when I do cook. I have a million excuses for not blogging, including that my food doesn't look that great, my plates are not photo-friendly, and that I don't have a real camera (I take my pictures with my cellphone). Of course, if I'm being completely honest, none of that really matters. I will get to that awesome level of photography one day, and there is no reason to postpone blogging because my photos aren't the best. If I make something that tastes good I will take a photo of it and write about it, period. One day I will look back on this blog and reminisce about how far I've come. That being said, I have a nice refreshing drink recipe to share.

And of course, the site won't even let me upload my picture. Great.

Raspberry lemonade

1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed or bottled)
2 T honey
12 packets sugar free sweetener (I used equal) or 1/2 cup sugar---add more to taste if needed
6 cups water

Add frozen raspberries, lemon juice, honey, and sweetener of choice to pitcher and mash with the back of a spoon until raspberries are well crushed. Add water and give it a good stir. Taste and add more sweetener or lemon juice if desired. Strain and serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment